Sinister: "let's sing our song of protest!! ..."Up-town guuurlll'..."

Tara Widmer TWidmer at xxx.com
Thu Nov 19 01:03:51 GMT 1998

The list is suspiciously quiet as of late.  hmmm..... is there some smooove
luvin going on? has everyone else figured out who's their crush and gone
down to the basement for a big make out party? If not, here's a suggestion
to move things along... Big Stu should be allowed to reveal the secret
admirers to each other, if the same two people voted for each other, yeah?
I would be perty darn pleased with my votes (to whoever you are, you can
LOOK sugar but you can't touch! I'm not *that* easy. At least not without
going to dinner somewhere really nice first... though lots of alcohol would
work too...okay, I'll settle for a bottle of Stoli in front of Taco bell,
ta?) but alas, a recent domestic drama has preoccupied all my thoughts. It
involves my wee fluffy kitten covered in stinky Nair hair-removal stuff and
the subsequent effort to save her from a lifetime of kitty
pattern-baldness.... she's ok now I think, but the feeling of horror still
lingers!!

Anastasia said about Seymour Stein:
<<he is the prototypical 'label  exec' and i just...well, i just can't
imagine what he and b&s talked about  over dinner...>>
A friend of mine said that he's fairly cool for being a scummy corporate
label type dude... Seymour helped bring us bands like the Ramones, Smiths,
Echo and the Bunnymen, DM, The Pretenders, yada yada yada... So maybe he
wasn't right for B&S but it's different than if he were jumping on the
bandwagon, like, RIGHT NOW, all "wow!! you guys are kooky! how'd you like to
open for Limp Bizkit?" or whatever.  Maybe he did do that, I don't know.

Oh and the "is a cricket not unfair" video is #1 in Streamland's top 20.
B&S even beat Scary Mary Manson and a bunch of other likewise tuff and
poorly-dressed types.  The headline says "Belle and Sebastian knock Manson
Down a Notch" which is a pretty amusing picture if you think about it.....

tata,
daisy berkowitz