Sinister: Just saying hi

Jason G Juzwiak jgj201 at xxx.edu
Fri Nov 20 06:18:11 GMT 1998

Hey kids.  Got a story for ya.
Two days ago, after a particularly dreary Muslim Europe lecture, I decided
to go to Tower Records and peruse the racks in order to cheer myself up.
I certainly was not going to buy anything, for I only had 20 bucks in my
wallet,and, after all, a boy's gotta eat, ya know?  Still, I wandered the
aisles in search of nothing, and came across the listening station at the
back of the store.  One of the titles was "The Boy With the Arab Strap,"
by B&S.  I had read about B&S in many alternative publications here in the
States, and, having recalled how rapturous the articles were, I decided
to give it a whirl, and consequently put on the giant headphones and hit
Play. Welp, by the end of "Sleep the Clock Around," I
noticed I was getting some funny looks from the passers-by, and I started
flipping out, wondering what was wrong.  As it turned out, I was crying.
I hadn't even noticed.  It struck me by surprise cos when it comes to my
emotions I'm usually very stoic, and I really can't say what set me off.
I assumed it was the album, and I shelled out $16.23 to purchase it.
Since then, I've been playing it non-stop and eating my roommate's food.

Just thought you'd like to know.  I'm usually a lurker on these lists, and
I will inevitably be one here, but I just wanted to declare my intent.
So, that's that...can't wait to get the rest of the LP's and EP's, and
hopefully I'll be able to meet a few of you who are in the NYC area.

P.S. I'm not usually this somber.  As a matter of fact, I'm not usually
somber at all.

Cheers
Jay