Sinister: Re: he swallowed his pride...

Mark Crutch xav at xxx.uk
Fri Nov 20 06:42:00 GMT 1998

Somewhere in the sprawiling Metropolis that is the little village-like
community of Sinistrality (in a kind of Trumpton type way, for those that
know of it), Jessica Foxinasnow wrote these glorious words:-

--- Quoty Bit Follows ---
That's the closest i've come to getting a list crush yet, having someone
remember to distinguish me from their true crush. Which i guess is better
than not being remembered at all. It's kind of like that oh-so-clever
listee who was gonna change their name to 'Phillipe' to get all the
mistaken fans of Philippe one-l two-p's. I thought that was a brilliant
idea. Maybe i'll have a list crush on that person, though i forget who it
was. Phillipe.
----- Quoty Bit Precedes -----

That was meee! And it would have worked, too, if it hadn't been for you
pesky kids - or more precisely, if the aforementioned snowy one had omitted
the word "maybe". Hurrah, my very own "near miss" list crush. I feel like I
finally belong.

Of course, part of me doesn't actually want a confirmed list crush, because
then I'd have to turn the rest of you glorious people away. Not from any
sense of monogamy - I'm as interested in a bout of orgiastic
cardie-wrestling as the next person - but because these things always end
in tears. You'd find out about each other, there'd be a fight, Honey would
have to treat us with a firm hand (matron), and then people would sulk. And
it would all be my fault. So instead, may I just culminate this excessive
thankyou to the foxy one with the following:-

circumscribe sinister

(i.e. I want to put my arms round the whole lot of you and give you a big
hug).

Xav (whose real name is Mark as he never changed it to Phillipe (two Ls,
one P) on account of thinking he was too late for the grand totalling of
the crush votes )