Sinister: Simple things

Emanuel Brown e.brown at xxx.com
Fri Nov 20 05:57:44 GMT 1998

Hey there…

I rarely post so, whatever, but I felt I should tell a tale of strange beauty–a small thing really. I've been workin' my ass off lately so I popped into my fave Brooklyn bar, the Last Exit, to down a few, pause and reflect. I enjoy a few laughs with my barkeep friends as we commiserate our working week. I pay for one beer all night, if that helps.

Musically, the Last Exit is betwixt and between. Still striving to find an identity, it shuffles along that lonesome electronic highway where drum 'n' bass still echoes. The characters tonight fixate on this and grope about mysteriously, as if they could create musical knowledge from inference. I takes notes and chuckle to myself. Characters abound and the talk is so cheap it can't afford the airtime.

After getting sucked into situation upon situation, I lapse peacefully. The lovely transplants next to me have to discuss amongst themselves and I am grateful for it. Robert, the aging barfly-savant, is blathering endlessly about gyms and the need to sweat toxins as he puffs on his Marlboro Light. That's when Me and the Major comes on like the breath of God. I am ecstatic to say the least, and get my end of the bar so riled up we make 'em play "…Sinister" the whole way through.

Brooklyn rocks.

xoxox,
Emanuel

Free, fast e-mail accessible anytime, anywhere http://www.imaginemail.com