Sinister: Whatever

clint stauffer cms247 at xxx.edu
Fri Nov 20 10:48:30 GMT 1998

If you want to avoid a bunch of stuff doing mostly with nothing B&S, you can
delete here, but please stay with me if you want.

Where do I begin?  This is my first big post, so I'm going to try to make it
all-inclusive and cover all of the recent topics to spare any keystrokes on
your part.

What better place to start than crush votes?  Well, I got none, nada-- I guess
I need to post more.  I didn't vote, but I know who I would've voted for.  You
know who you are. ;-)  Okay, maybe not.  Can we have "peeve votes"?  I might
get better results then.

The DC & New York shows:
Although I didn't get to meet the majority of you, it was so very nice to
leave a show and see so many smiling faces.  Being from the DC area, it was
nice not to have that annoying level of pretention that permiates the Black
Cat.  Sorry, DC, but it's true.  I'm so glad they played "Beautiful" during
the last NY show.  Thanks to those who were there.

The recordings:
Regarding the album color of Lazy Line Painter Jane, I re-examined my copy and
come to the conclusion that, for any of you have played Trivial Pursuit, it
eerily resembles the pink category-- Entertainment, I believe.

Other recordings:
Although B&S has recently dominated my CD player, the new Elliott Smith and PJ
Harvey have been making regular appearances.  Anyone who mentioned Cat Power,
Modest Mouse, Quasi, or the Geraldine Fibbers (I know someone did, bless you)
also wins favor.

Bus stories:
With the exception of riding the bus to class in college (which led to no
memorable experiences), I really don't have any bus-riding stories.  The only
memorable story I have is when I was small.  I was only about three years old
when I started preschool.  I was absolutely terrfied to ride the bus-- it
seemed like everyone was so much older than me, which was probably true, and I
had no one to sit with.  All that aside, one weekend was bus-washing weekend,
where all of the children and their parents washed the buses, I guess because
there was no one to do it.  My Dad and I went to wash the buses one Saturday.
Like all things, I was hesistant to participate, like all things in my young
life.  I swear, if my parents didn't force me to do things I would have done
nothing.  Anyway, it was one of my few fond memories of childhood.  I don't
remember much else.  I don't know if it had anything to do with buses-- maybe
it was just spending time with my Dad.  Now that I look back on it, it was
probably around the time my sister was born, so I was probably starved for
attention.  Anyway, if you get a chance to wash buses, don't pass it up.

The list in general:
For all of those who don't check their e-mail that often, maybe the digest
version is better (just a suggestion).   I got off the regular list for
awhile, but I missed it.  It's always nice to get messages.  Besides, every
keyboard has a delete key.

The "cyberfriends" debate:
I don't know what to say on this.  I know it's nice to be able to communicate
with those who share a common interest.  Besides, like others have mentioned,
a lot of those on this list have met in person.  I don't think the majority of
people on the list are anti-social in any way-- face it, overall there aren't
that many people who share the love of B&S that those on the list do.  Isn't
that what this is for?  Thanks for your contributions.

The video on 120 Minutes:
I missed it!  Totally forgot until 1:30 am, but by that time it was too late.

Smut:
None on my part, my dears, which is probably best for humanity anyway.

Clint