Sinister: Question Of Annoyance

Aranzazu Sanz-Garcia pcxas at xxx.uk
Fri Nov 20 14:11:45 GMT 1998

Being a 'continental' , according to the Brits, and sharing a house
with an Arsenal fan too who wears daily all the hooligan gear, that's
wolly hat, scarf and so on, i think Jason , we have something in common...

My experience tells me that Tottenham is  the most annoying choice and
in your case,the best;not because of social reasons but sports
ones,Manchester United can be good for your purposes.My housemates words
about this fact (someone supporting Manchester Uni.):BORING!,in a loud
and boo-boo tone.

I was thinking that why there is no good pop songs with some football
content in their lyrics.I don't mean a song about football, OK?But I
though that at least working class heroes as Liam and Noel or the future
Glasgow owner Jim Kerr should have laready written some lines on the topic
something like 'It's Sunday afternoon/all is doom and gloom/Sheain't here
anyore/and there was no score/'
Ivo,were you reading High Fidelity? If I finally date happily with someone
with some Simple Minds album on their shelves,I would realise I am middle
aged...

Arantxa