Sinister: Is it Wicked Not to Care?

Carmen Carmen at xxx.us
Fri Nov 20 18:25:03 GMT 1998

So, I guess some people are interested in knowing more about me (well, probably not, but everyone else talks only about themselves, so why can't I?)  This is going to be shocking to many and will probably irk even more people than I have already irked, but, I am a punk rock goddess!  I know, calm down.  I sure this is most shocking to the kid that wants to scold the Northampton punk with coffee.  So, you're probably all thinking, "Then why are you on this list," or "How do you like Belle and Sebastian."  Simple:  Belle and Sebastian (I hate to say this) like the Smiths or the Velvet Underground, atract all kinds of depressed, socially outcasted people (or whatever else). I was drawn to them when my boss (I work at Strangeways, affiliated with Spinnaker, but in Provincetown, MA.  I'll write more about my shitty little town some other time) gave me "...Sinister" for my birthday.  I didn't listen to it for awhile, even though he had written a long letter along with it explaing what a sensitive person I am and how the album is perfect for me (I know many will disagree).  But then my once friend and mentor forced me to listen to it.  I couldn't get into it because she's, how should I say this...insane, overly-talkitive, a bit creepy in her infatuation with my boss.  She started working there just to get next to him.  Any way, I finally listened to it alone.  I thought it was so great.  It hought, 'WHy isn't this huge?!  This should be so huge that I shouldn't even listen to it.'  I'm very much against main-stream.  Oh, too bad, I have to go.  I'll continue this at some other time, unless people complain (and I know they will).

...CARMEN...