Sinister: My first post and PLUSH REQUEST anyone?

Kin Woo travelling_light at xxx.com
Sat Nov 21 08:29:36 GMT 1998

>Hello! This is my first post. Umm. I expect I'm the only one here that
=
>apart from Belle and Sebastian, also likes Mogwai, Aphex Twin, =
>Squarepusher, and just about everything else on Warp and chemikal =
>underground recordings? I kinda have unusual music tastes. Techno and =
>Belle and Sebastian aren't very similar! Oh, by the way after about two
=
>messages I always descend into lurkerdom on mailing lists. I can't help
=
>it, I just do...
>
>P.S the mail probly says I'm Chris Brittain, but I'm not really :)

HEH! NO FAIR. When I wrote my virgin post, there was nought who wrote
back (except the lovely Jessica) and now Not-Really-Chris gets so many
posts in response to his (boohoo!):):)
Sour grapes I know! But I too love a lot of techno Peter, like One Dove
whom I've hyped up and ranted and raved about before in this illustrious
mailing list. Have you heard of One Dove before Peter? If so, please
write back to me privately at :daftpunk at tartarus.uwa.edu.au.
In fact just write me anyway! Love to hear from B&S fellow fans:) I also
love Air, Andrea Parker, Lamb, Ruby, DJ Shadow and Red Snapper among
many other techno acts.
I like Aphex Twin a lot but I must confess Squarepusher is like the
techno equivalent of Throwing Muses. You know they're excellent but that
doesn't make listening to them any less hard- bit like maths really.
BIG SHOUT AND FUZZY WARM HUGS to all those wonderful peeps who wrote
back praising the glory of Tanya Donelly and Belly. YES! WE must NEVER
forget her importance even though the cruel and fickle music press seems
to have. (p.s. are you a fan of Belly, Peter?)ANy more Belly/Tanya fans
out there??? Come on! Make your praise be known!
errr if anyone has a copy of the Plush album ("More You Becomes You")
and/or Michael Head and the Strands' "Introducing The Strands" (or is it
"Magical World of the strands"?) please contact me privately at said
address:daftpunk at tartarus.uwa.edu.au. Please let me know if they are
good albums (as I've read they are)
and teehee, could whoever has it  kindly make a  tape/cd copy of Plush
for me?
I've got loads of B&S rare stuff to trade and I've got tons of stuff,
maybe some you are interested in- I've got tons of Tindersticks  (all
the albums including "Donkeys", plus a tape of all their early vinyl
recordings up to 1995), Belly (again, lots of rare stuff), and gazilions
others including Sparklehorse, Air, Andrea Parker, Black Box Recorder,
Teenage Fanclub, Pulp, Beth Orton Beck, Lush, Garbage, Throwing Muses,
Spiritualized, UNKLE etc, etc.
so yeah all you PLUSH-ers contact me!:)
seeya folks
Kin Woo