Sinister: B&S on Canadian TV

Cathy Fan cfan at xxx.ca
Sat Nov 21 22:06:38 GMT 1998

Saw the fantastic 'Is it wicked...' video yesterday on MuchMusic's The
Wedge. I really liked the huge lion plushy; the Jean Cocteau reference
was lovely as well. The show had an 'All-Scottish' bands theme, so there
were some bits on Mogwai, Arab Strap, J&MC, and Teenage Fanclub. They
were in Edinburgh and also did a segment on the deep-fried cuisine.
That's some pretty hardcore batter that they put on those Mars bars. We
use this wimpy, dry, bread-crummy stuff...which is still good, but only
if you supersaturate it with evil oils. Yum.

Anyway, perhaps if you bugged them (the website is at
http://www.muchmusic.com/thewedge), they will play it again because the
presenter lady seemed quite fond of the band and twitched furiously when
she mentioned THOSE kilts. Ok, she didn't, that was me, but she seemed
pretty excited while doing the short segue for the promo clip.