Sinister: Isobel matador promo flat, b&s dolls, sociology

rebelstrange at xxx.Miller rebelstrange at xxx.Miller
Sun Nov 22 04:12:08 GMT 1998

hello.
thanks to all who sent in their mad lib words.  i will have more entries
posted later, but not now, because i'm just too lazy at this time to access
my document of them.......
I am fascinated by the discussion of sociological groups i.e. casuals.  This
intersects nicely with a question i was about to ask of our British
compadres, that is What would be the british 'equivalent' of the american
redneck/trailer trash?  Is there trailer trash in the UK?  i seem to recall
an Auteurs song in which luke haines sang about hanging out in a trailer
park (er, yes, "early years" it was).  in the US our Southern region of
alabama/missisippi/etc is considered the reign of rednecks and the
underclass/undercultured segment.  although rednecks can be found as far
north as where i reside, in large numbers.    Are there even still yuppies
in the US, or havent' they all grown up into.....something else?    i wonder
what segment i fall into, i suppose the shiftless, goalless gen-X.  although
i do possess the cynicism of government and tradition attributed to gen-x,
i'd like to think however that i'm a sight more idealistic than the
portrayal of "us' would have one believe.  personally i dont put much stock
into it at all, so there.

for Jess, from my webster's unabridged encyclopedic dictionary:  QUIFF:
(Brit.) a curl or lock of hair broought forward over the forehead.
I love my dictionary because it has fun british slang in it....

Now for business--my friend Jess informed me that she saw in a record store,
a promo flat for Arab strap that featured the divine countenance of Isobel,
as seen in said cd sleeve....it was bright yellow colored and had belle and
sebastian written on it.  the record store guy wouldn't let her buy it off
him because "it's kind of hot right now' and they only got one of them.
it's from matador.  Would anyone happen to know where one could obtain such
an item, have one they're willing to part with, know if they exist in
quantities?  i'm prepared to trade my soul for one, or barring that, a
lovely 8X10 print of Stuart murdoch, or whatever i can scrounge up.  i just
really really want one!!!  and i dont' know if my friend will be able to
acquire the one that she saw.  someone help me........

I'll trade someone an original photo print, for a black sessions  tape, if
anyone is willing to make such a bargain.  i've been twiddling in the
darkroom at school, and stu and isobel are looking rather lovely in large
format, i must say.  upping the contrast is good.  quantities are limited,
as is my time and my supply of photographic paper!!!
it was just a thought......otherwise i'll try l out to pay the good
gentleman whom i already wrote about said recording.   *g*   it's just that
international currency is such a hassle when you're in a small town that
doesnt' handle that sort of thing.  blah blah.......

amusing thought for the day.
jess and i were conversing about magnetic fields, a friend of hers is
supposed to keep lookout for stephin meritt when she's in NY, and send him
back in a little box if she finds him. so i said if she has stephin, i want
to come over and play, and i want to play claudia, and i want to live in the
dream house.  then we thought up the ChickFactory playset, and jess said if
there wer B&S dolls they could play the Dream Concert.  i was wishing i had
plastic mold technology so i could sculpt little dolls of our friends,
figuring that at least a few of them correspond to certain characters n the
Scooby-Doo cartoon--with dog on Wheels instead of scooby.  Stuart m as Fred,
not for any good reason, except his Arms of sex, and Isobel as Daphne, with
the little neckerchief AS PER those photos on the jeepster page..(!) except
stu and isobel would hopefully not be snogging like we all know fred and
daphne were.  Sarah would be Velma cept without glasses, and Chriss of
course, is Shaggy, what with his flares and haircut.  they could ride around
in a belle ans sebastian mystery van and escape the Spooky Witch in a Sexy
Dress, and The Major would run after stu shaking his fist..."i'll get you
you meddling kids!!"     Stu would of course be outfitted with an entire
array of trousers and pantalloons in dazzling styles that would effectively
blind the enemy, giveing him time to escape, and all the girls and boys
would swoon over his arms of sex.  you could even maybe comb his luscious
shock of hair. and Chris would come in "Action-Flares" version.  i was
looking for some way to fit cover girl Jo and all the rest into the show,
but i'll have to think about it some more.

trying to live like Pippi Longstocking,
lesley Jo

Sure i should (be mentioned in the  same sentence).  I urinate all over
Pansy Division and Tribe8 every day. I have their pictures pasted to the
bottom of my toilet.
--stephin merritt