Sinister: Sid James snarls like punk grrls

WeeJay V0168JE2 at xxx.uk
Sun Nov 22 15:32:41 GMT 1998

	I appologise for the Jive thing. I've just had a look in the
archives and, well, I must have been unsubscribed or not paying
attention or anything. Still, it made me giggle and that's what had
it's say. Her most modest fluffykins snarled:
> But, you know...what are you on about when you talk about
> 'punk' - shitty KERRANG! punk or, like...77 era punk? Shit, Belle
> and Sebastian fans INTRODUCED me to say, Buzzcocks, Big
> Flame etc - I just find it daft to think that people can't like two
> different types of music, or three, or nine or whatever!
Yeah, yeah yeah, don't be too upset... I mean I sort of assumed
when I came on her that people would be into "Glasgow Scene"
music in general but, um, they aren't on the whole. I wouldn't say
I'm into types of music at all - I'm sure a lot of people who see me
in the street would assume I like a certain type of "indie" music but
if there's one thing I cant stand it's the incredibly dull anal retentive
guitar-rock peddled out under that heading. Truth is, if it's good it's
good, if it isn't it isn't and genres are a misleading thing invented by
some music journalist to make their job a little easier.
	Tami wondered aloud:
> I've checked the archives for this one (honest!!!), but it either
> stopped checking midway, or no one ever mentioned it at all.
> And perhaps no one's ever mentioned it because it's obvious to
> everyone but me, who knows nothing but the color of my own
> socks.  Soooo, who is Sid James?
Let me get this straight - you don't know who Sid James is!?!
Haven't you seen any 'Carry On' films girl? I suggest you point your
browser to http://www.carry-on.com/ immediately for a lovely
picture of Sid doing what he did best...

	Love WeeJay XXXXXXXXXXXX
		(Sebastian circa Put The Book Back On The Shelf)

James at twopounds.u-net.com
Manipulating you illicitly since 1979
http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/cabaret/5523/
(Which will no longer crash your computer. Hopefully.)