Sinister: Fashion question (fwd)

Jessica Murphy jmurphy at xxx.Edu
Sun Nov 22 22:08:52 GMT 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 16:48:41 -0500 (EST)
From: THAIAN N TON <tton at xxx.edu>

Koen wrote:

> I was wondering what the name is for a hooded coat which you close by
> putting bits of wood through loops of rope.

Tidy / Wee Chi Chi answered:

> that would be a duffel coat?  that's what i wear when the-winter-is-cold
> and with my fluffy red hat to keep old man winter at bay.

I've also heard it called a "toggle coat," since the fastenings are named
"toggles."

> yesterday i bought a peter rabbit bowl.  maybe that's belle and
> sebastian too, then i can eat wonderful things in it.  we listened to
> Twattybus all the way to delaware to buy the bowl.

As someone who's living in Delaware for the sole purpose of attending
graduate school here, I'm fascinated by those lines!  I think it's the
least B & S-like place I've ever been, so I'm pleasantly surprised to know
that happy TWATTYBUS listeners have been here and purchased Beatrix Potter
stuff.  Maybe I'm living in the wrong part of the state.

jessica m