Sinister: B&S go Massive Attack!

Anna J eng98ajo at xxx.se
Mon Nov 23 12:25:41 GMT 1998

Hi people,
I thought I'd let you all know about this pretty great, but slightly
peculiar B&S concert I went to last night as I was profoundly asleep in my
freshly laundered sheets.
They were playing in this old gym hall in a school not far away from here,
and the room itself was pretty interesting, it was round and had lots of
lockers in the middle so the audience had to stand around them. The place
was packed, but most people didn't seem to know who B&S were. Anyway they
got up on stage, and Stuart Murdoch (who, by the way, had grown his hair
long and dyed it darker) announced that only half of the show would be B&S
songs and for the rest of the evening they would be doing Massive Attack
covers. Interesting choice I must say. Also they had this extra singer with
them just for the occasion, who looked sort of like Jarvis Cocker 200 cream
cakes later, who actually never got to sing and seemed quite grumpy about
it. Then they started and even the B&S songs (they started out with "Le
Pastie...") sounded like strange copies of Massive Attack. Imagine that
please. After five or so songs they all went off stage for half-time as
they called it and most of the audience left. Pretty soon, only a few
people were left and I discovered that Sarah Martin wasn't on stage and I
got all worried and someone else was missing too (I can't remember if it
was Mick Cooke or Stevie Jackson), but this old man standing next to me
told me it was ok because they were on holiday in Trinidad & Tobago and
that there was a rumour that they were smuggling Scottish toys into the
country. Then after the show Isobel jumped off stage and ran around hugging
all the people who were still there, because she was so happy that we'd
stayed till the end. Now, who wouldn't if B&S were doing Massive
Attack-covers??? Also there's something you should all know about Isobel,
after a while she took her plastic mask off and it turns out she's actually
70 years old. Pretty clever mask if you ask me.
Dreams really are terribly enlightening. Now I wonder if B&S are popular in
Trinidad & Tobago?

Never mind me,
Anna :)