Sinister: dundee

Tjonrr at xxx.com Tjonrr at xxx.com
Mon Nov 23 12:52:46 GMT 1998

so i know im new and everything, but has anyone tried to explain to the
americans on the list about Dundee, as mentioned in Seymour Stein?  around
here in the NE of Scotland Dundee is regarded as a bit of a dump. i live about
30 miles up the road, and that is quite close enough for me, thank you. has
any one else ever been to dundee? didnt stay long, right?

our local claim to fame is that the chip shop that i go to in Stonehaven is
the one that invented the deepfried MarsBar, which someone was talking about
the other day on the list. Actually thats the second nearest chip shop to my
house, but we dont go to the one down the road ever since the fat kid that
works there was caught by his boss... to paraphrase a hefner song... making
himself go blind. Suffice to say, anyone who still goes there is careful not
to ask for salad cream on anything. sorry if i have put anyone off their
dinner, but every word is true.

anyway ive digressed... the other thing about dundee is that B+S labelmates
Snow Patrol from Northern Ireland have recently moved there and there is also
a growing local music scene, so im told. last time i was there, bout a year
ago,  i couldnt even find any half decent record shops and this beardy busker
made a sort of miaow/growl sound at my brother and we both ran away.

if i have offended any dundonians i apologise, you have my utmost sympathy
just living there.
               from tjohn

on my stereo: too much maudlin music. i really should get out more.