Sinister: B&S on Canadian TV

Frank Yang fyang at xxx.ca
Mon Nov 23 14:32:57 GMT 1998

Cathy Fan wrote:

> Saw the fantastic 'Is it wicked...' video yesterday on MuchMusic's The
> Wedge. I really liked the huge lion plushy; the Jean Cocteau reference
> was lovely as well. The show had an 'All-Scottish' bands theme, so there
> were some bits on Mogwai, Arab Strap, J&MC, and Teenage Fanclub. They
> were in Edinburgh and also did a segment on the deep-fried cuisine.
> That's some pretty hardcore batter that they put on those Mars bars. We
> use this wimpy, dry, bread-crummy stuff...which is still good, but only
> if you supersaturate it with evil oils. Yum.

Hmm.  Perhaps MuchOnDemand will begin getting a mysterious fax campaign
requesting they play B&S until I see it, and considering I don't watch much
(pun intended) TV, they'll just have to keep playing it until, by law of
averages, I see it.So exactly what day is the Wedge on?  I keep forgetting
if it's Friday or Saturday night, and I always seem to tune in on the day
that it's not on, and get assaulted by the appropriately titled "Loud"
(metal for days).  NOt what I need late at night....
And yah, Sook-Yin's an idiot - though I'm not sure how much is her fault and
how much is Prime Directive from Moses upstairs ("we want kooky!  Slip some
speed into her coffee...").  I remember the one time she interviewed Lush,
and the best question she could come up with was, to Miki, "So what do you
use to dye your hair?".  I'm surprised she didn't get decked, cause Miki was
looking thorough unimpressed in a "let's get the fuck out of here" way.

And on a separate note, I bought "...Seconds Of Light" this weekend.  Mmm,
new B&S.  Happy days.  Also got Sparkehorse, the new Spiritualized live and
the new Golden Smog.  Good music haul.  That is all.

Frank Yang
"What's this about Matlock?"

In my CD player:  Sparklehorse - Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot