Sinister: carry on regardless

Tara Widmer TWidmer at xxx.com
Mon Nov 23 20:08:33 GMT 1998

Tjohn:
<<Actually thats the second nearest chip shop to my
house, but we dont go to the one down the road ever since the fat kid that
works there was caught by his boss... to paraphrase a hefner song... making
himself go blind.>>

This is very worrying... I have heard several examples of this sort of thing
going on. Apparently it's not terribly uncommon practice. I read about a
bagel shop where the male employees (as opposed to the females who could do
so?) would take turns um, hmm how to delicately put it, wanking into a
bucket of bagel mix.  The resulting "special" bagels were then kept separate
from the regular batch, and any time a rude customer came in, or anybody the
bagel boys just plain didn't like the looks of, they would get served one of
these as revenge.  Reason number 1 why I am nice to food service
employees...

Jim "patiently awaiting his black sessions tape" Schmidt:
<<was wondering if anyone else on this list likes the beautiful south (and
the housemartins, of course)..>>
Of course, I have used TBS as a description to people who ask me what B&S
sound like.  There are a lot of parallels... the bands both use this very
sweet lovely music often coupled with caustic or sad lyrics, trade off
between different male and female vocalists, seem to have a
cross-generational appeal and erm...perform concerts blind drunk & fighting
mad(?).
The session version of "Seeing Other People" in particular strikes me as
something the Beautiful South could/would do.  But I've always been hesitant
to  bring up this comparison here, as I generally tend to be completely
wrong about this sort of thing, which someone is surely going to point
out...

<<why can't i be happy being alone, and why isn't that okay with everyone
else?  not everyone is meant for someone.>>
that was a really lovely e-mail.... you're certainly not alone...in fact i
wouldn't be surprised if you were even in the majority...

rainy days and mondays, *sigh*
ta,
taracita