Sinister: You dirty so-and-so !

JonnyKat at xxx.com JonnyKat at xxx.com
Mon Nov 23 21:36:43 GMT 1998

Hello Sinisterines!  *MWAH!* to all 818 of you!
Honey, is there a big prize for the 1,000th member to join Sinister?
Or does the site just explode into a million little pieces of peanut brittle?
I'm frightened... Someone hold me?

Lex Popscene added:

	"i just joined too. but i have had nothing to say.  i'm from canada."

Although I know she didn't mean it that way, that really made me giggle.
Most Canadians I know have lots to fabulous things to say!    : )
Anyway, a warm welcome to Alexis and all the other recent victims.

Several days ago, Denise offered:

	"Everyone knows the words orange, month,
		purple and silver can't be rhymed."

Well, I just can't resist a good word challenge.  So I've sent a little poem
to Charlotte.  Have you?  I believe the deadline is tomorrow, and I can't wait
to see what you've all come up with!    Hee-hee...

The Wee Yet Studly Mark Casaratto showed us this:

	"It's come out a bit bleached, as the flash is too powerful, but you can just
			about perceive the elation and anticipation hanging in the air, there, just
		to the left of Jonnykat, whose eyes are drooping as he stifles yet another
		cough, poor lamb."

Ba-aaa-aaa-aah!  I guess I was sicker than I remembered!  Mark, could you be a
dear and cut me out of that one?  Or scribble a funny hat on me or something?
It's a beautiful Polaroid, but I look like death warmed over.  eeek!

Oh, yeah...  The Magnificent Michele Decreed:

	"The NY Sinisterines will come in a gypsy goat cart.  Jonny will teach us
		the secrets of making mead.  Holly will weave and sew bright costumes 			for
all."

Just a quick update on this one.  I have begun making the mead in preparation
for our little self-sufficient community.  Basically, what I've done is put a
bunch of roasted barley in an open vat in my basement, dumped in some pure
water from a mountain stream, a dozen green apples picked from the orchard of
a very friendly giant, and two liters of exotic honey supplied by Mx. Honey
herself.  (Something about honey made of wildflowers from Uranus, I'm not
really sure...)  It should be fermented and ready in about two weeks.

On Friday, November 20th, The Most Humble Cynthia Said:

	"I wrote a poem, but glanced at it this morning and found it unfinished.
		Smut level: 2. maybe three. I invite you all to finish it for me."

This poem was absolutely gorgeous, and sure looked finished to me!
If you missed this one, check the archives now!  Good show, Cynthia.

Kin Woo, who apparently travels light, expressed:

	"I must confess Squarepusher is like the techno equivalent of Throwing Muses.
		You know they're excellent but that doesn't make listening to them any
			less hard- bit like maths really."

Agreed.  Squarepusher is a wonder to me.  It is indeed a bit like maths...
in the J. S. Bach sense of the word.  I wish I could play bass at 200 BPM or
whatever he does!

Anyway, I think I'm disjointed today.  I should stop this.

God Bless,
Jonny
(thanks for voting for me you singular mystery of a crush)