Sinister: they say that i am, but i really hope i'm not, the bastard son of dean friiiedman

Carmen Carmen at xxx.us
Mon Nov 23 21:41:48 GMT 1998

1/22/98, at 12:25 AM, Sarah wrote:

>Hello!
>
>Yeah yeah, bonkers man!!! A Punk Rock Godess who likes Belle and
>Sebastian.... keerazeeeee! There I was thinking B&S fans could only like The
>Field Mice and Duran Duran, but blimey my horizons have expanded!! Sorry!
>But, you know...what are you on about when you talk about 'punk' - shitty
>KERRANG! punk or, like...77 era punk? Shit, Belle and Sebastian fans
>INTRODUCED me to say, Buzzcocks, Big Flame etc - I just find it daft to
>think that people can't like two different types of music, or three, or nine
>or whatever!

I'm very much into old Brit-punk.  My favorite of all time is Crass.  I love anything like them too, Conflict, Stratford Mercenaries.  I like the American stuff too:  Dead Kennedys, the Pist, G.G. Allin, I do like the Queers, I like Rancid too, but I don't call that punk, I usualy call it pop-punk like the Queers, but the Queers are a thousand times better, just because of their black humor; I don't really like the Ramones though.  I like local punk bands the most, Nobody's Hero's, Social Virus, the Freeze.  The list could go on and on.

> So, you're probably all thinking,
>> "Then why are you on this list," or "How do you like Belle and
>> Sebastian."
>
>No, me at least is thinking, why does this need stating? YOu said people
>would complain about what you said...what, people would complain about the
>fact that you like differnent types of music? If they did then they just
>stink of pedal pushers. I would complain if by 'punk' you meant RANCID or
>Insane 'very very silly boyz' Clown Posse, but merely cos they are very very
>pisspoor indeed and I would like to take away ICP's 'faygo' and watch them
>weep like big ol' smellheads!!!

People are like that.  They don't like people who are different from them.  That's why there is so much racism and other forms of hatred in this world.
ICP is considered punk?  That's scary.

>Anyway, I think B&S are one of the most punk rock groups around so there.
Definately.
>More punk than fecking Goop Dogrill....what is their name? Groop
>Dogsmell?!?! HO HO HO wasn't that funny, ok....no.....i shall go....a far
>distance from here....
>
>No offence intended to you Carmen but it's that idea of
>youcanonlylikeONEtypeofmusic that really bugs me.
That doesn't sit well with me either because I never have.  I listen to a lot of Classical and Jazz.  Punk is basically my lifesytle.

>Can you projectile vomit
>long distances? That would win my admiration I am sure. Do you have a big
>huge mohican like the punks who tried to 'pull' with me and my friend the
>other day by stating 'hey girls we're lesbians do you want it?' and waving
>cans of special brew at us....

I used to have a big red mohawk.  I kinda look normal now only because I'm over how much effort it takes to maintain that 'look'

>Me, I do not want to be a punk or a hippy. I want to be, a tomato....
>(OK, so UK list dudes have to remember that advert for....oh whatever, the
>one with the dude going 'i want to be, a treee!' and the old lady goes 'i
>want to be in congolmerates', ALliance and Lester was it?? Some bank type
>thing...or the Co-op...)

It's not that I really want to be a punk, it's just seems that if I had to be put in a category, I'd probably be put there.