Sinister: here's some B&S content for ya

TFertig3 at xxx.com TFertig3 at xxx.com
Tue Nov 24 03:06:52 GMT 1998

Hello everybody,

Well since the new thing to do these days is to offer B&S interpretations,
I've decided to add my own bit to the Fox in the Snow, though it may be a bit
wacky.

Firstly, when the girl lets out a "crazy laugh", I figure she's covering up
the fact that she's sad and lonely, and no one understands her.  You know when
you're on the verge of crying and you try to cover it up by laughing but it
comes out all crackly and strange?  I imagine that is the crazy laugh.  They
might make fun of her when she talks about how lonely and sad she is, which
prompts her to want to be alone, because being with other people gets her
nowhere, and she disappears.. into her house I suppose.

Then she starts getting really lonely, and she misses being with people.  But
she keeps telling herself, when these thoughts come to mind, that -- no, she'd
rather be alone with her books and her fantasies.  What do they know anyway?
She's happier when she's reading books.  They are the only ones that
understand her.

Well I've possibly just created a whole new song.  I'm trying too hard I
guess.

OOOh, I've just read the Scarlet Letter for school and I realized there is a
strange likeness to it in The Boy Done Wrong Again.  Really.  I don't know
what other people's interpretations are for this one, but it's very similar.
The boy that did wrong was Arthur Dimmesdale, and now he's so shamed that he
hangs his head down and holds his hand over his heart.  All he wants now is
for someone to share his sorrow and to empathize, and that person is Hester.
And when they go to the woodland spring, their dark lives suddenly turn
bright.  And since they cannot live together in Boston, which is like a
sinking ship to both of them, they look to England, where they will sail back
to be happy again!

Ahh, you all think I'm nuts.  Yeahhhh, that's exactly what Stuart was thinking
when he wrote that song..   Actually, I only realized it because I had an
English project where I could play a song that related to the Scarlet Letter
and I was trying to think of B&S songs that related..

Isn't it strange that I feel nervous talking in front of 30 people and here I
am gushing like a moron in front of 819.  Eek, I'll be going now.

Bye bye,
Tami