Sinister: We're trash, me and you...

david kitchen - jeepster shop at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 24 11:15:51 GMT 1998

Martin Horsfield wrote:

> After the success of my 'what is/was a causal?' post, I've now decided
> to turn my attentions to Jessica's question of whether trailer trash
> exists in the UK...
>
> <snip>
>
> The true breeding ground for Brit white (and indeed black) trash is in
> the old council estates. These were built up after the war as cheap,
> municipal housing, often with very lofty, 60s design ideals which made
> them horrible to actually live in.
>
> <snip>
>
> And they don't take kindly to shoegazers either, in case you were
> wondering.

i feel i'm being stereo-typed here!

i live in one of those council estates, 19 floors up in fact with a place in the
skies.

and what's worse, i got called a 'module' in the previous message!!
i mean, even throughout my brushings with menswe at r i wasn't called a 'module'. i
bet this was some fictional thing the press thought up.

my thoughts on the matter? if you haven't lived through it, then don't take the
press word on it.

to bring this into perspective... what's going to be said about us and b&s in five
years? what will they name us? the cardie-wearing-biscuit-nibbling bedroom
phenomenon of the mid/late-nineties? and what gives them the right to say anything
about us when they were probably not here, at this moment and living this the way
we are?

just a thought, you know.

don't shoot the messenger and all that :)

david

PS: and katrina was a shoegazer you know, and i took to her warmly.

                  david kitchen : jeepster recordings ltd

http://www.jeepster.co.uk/ http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/
http://www.jeepster.co.uk/salako/ http://www.jeepster.co.uk/snowpatrol/

                         mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk

 jeepster recordings ltd, 217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london w10 5bn

       with the words 'subscribe news' in the body of the message
     there is no need to subscribe if you are on the 'sinister' list