Sinister: Model 1 and Irish Bands

Sam Devere samiamx at xxx.com
Tue Nov 24 13:35:43 GMT 1998

My inebriated friends and I were walking down a crowded street in
Georgetown (DC) on Sunday night, contemplating whether to go see the
Afghan Whigs or Men At Work (yes, THAT MAW), when this girl comes flying
out of Starbucks and stops me and asks me if she can talk with me.
After a few minutes, she reveals that she works for Model1 and they are
looking for people.  Meanwhile my friends, thoroughly disgusted and
bemused that she picked me, are prancing around like cads.  Anyway, I
signed up for an interview, but forgot to ask her what happens at this
thing?  Has anyone interviewed with them, and if so could you please
send me a personal reply.

This is a perfect segue (sp?) into the next topic.  'Fashion Crisis Hits
New York' is a funny little tune by a previously mentioned Frank and
Walters.  A couple of other tiny Irish bands of interest are A House and
the Catchers.  The former is somewhat political, very sarcastic/witty
with in-your-face guitars and lyrics.  The latter is more reminiscient
of B&S, though some people may disagree.  The Catchers are a somewhat
jangly, mellow guitar outfit whose lyrics are abstract and melancholic.

Sam