Sinister: "Liverpool and ______"

WeeJay V0168JE2 at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 24 15:15:16 GMT 1998

	Ah, sinisterines... again you are graced by my presence.
First of all Vanessa said...:
> I am not into any harder stuff especially techno freaks me out ...
> *sorry*
Ah, fair enough... You'll all be surprised (?) to hear that I went to a
jungle club last monday. Don't think I will again though, not that it
was bad but we've discovered a place that sells whisky & coke for
50p and plays mogwai, DOTR and, yes, B&S - yesterday 'A
Summer Wasting' and 'Le Pastie...' I could go tonight as drinks are
30p (!) from 9 till 10 but I'm so tired and I've got a screening 9am
tomorrow.
	Various people were talking about their life dissapointingly
not being like a film... Well my life is a film of it's own and I quite
like it but it had better go somewhere soon or I'll start to get bored.
I don't know about living in an eighties american film though (we all
saw 'cocktail' after the film last night. Hmmmmn). I'd rather live in
'The Beiderbecke Affair' - that would be SO good.
	 Irish bands! No-one's mentioned the Whipping Boy or
Tunic yet (although Tunic are N.Ireland so that's cheating...).
Robert Fisk? Don't believe this man - it's nothing particularly
intersting apart from a nice picture of lovely lauren. Sad that the
underwear trea didn't happen but hey, if you want you could send it
all to the Jeepster mail order address and David could redistribute it
with your 'Study at Stow' t-shirts. Just a thought.
	Anna J said
> Hi people,
> I thought I'd let you all know about this pretty great, but slightly
> peculiar B&S concert I went to last night as I was profoundly
asleep in my
> freshly laundered sheets.
> They were playing in this old gym hall in a school not far away
from here,
> and the room itself was pretty interesting, it was round and had
lots of
> lockers in the middle so the audience had to stand around them.
The place
> was packed, but most people didn't seem to know who B&S
were. Anyway they
> got up on stage, and Stuart Murdoch (who, by the way, had
grown his hair
> long and dyed it darker) announced that only half of the show
would be B&S
> songs and for the rest of the evening they would be doing
Massive Attack
> covers. Interesting choice I must say. Also they had this extra
singer with
> them just for the occasion, who looked sort of like Jarvis Cocker
200 cream
> cakes later, who actually never got to sing and seemed quite
grumpy about
> it. Then they started and even the B&S songs (they started out
with "Le
> Pastie...") sounded like strange copies of Massive Attack.
Imagine that
> please. After five or so songs they all went off stage for half-time
as
> they called it and most of the audience left. Pretty soon, only a
few
> people were left and I discovered that Sarah Martin wasn't on
stage and I
> got all worried and someone else was missing too (I can't remember if it
> was Mick Cooke or Stevie Jackson), but this old man standing next to me
> told me it was ok because they were on holiday in Trinidad & Tobago and
> that there was a rumour that they were smuggling Scottish toys
into the
> country. Then after the show Isobel jumped off stage and ran
around hugging
> all the people who were still there, because she was so happy
that we'd
> stayed till the end. Now, who wouldn't if B&S were doing Massive
> Attack-covers??? Also there's something you should all know
about Isobel,
> after a while she took her plastic mask off and it turns out she's
actually
> 70 years old. Pretty clever mask if you ask me.
> Dreams really are terribly enlightening. Now I wonder if B&S are
popular in
> Trinidad & Tobago?

This isn't fair! Why don't I have dreams that good? Humph.
And finally, Paul Laird said:
'I told my girlfriend to kiss me where it smells,
- so she took me to Dundee!'
Which I'm sure was about Widnes last time I heard it. Hey!
tenuous B&S link!

		Cool!
			WeeJay

James at twopounds.u-net.com
Manipulating you illicitly since 1979
http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/cabaret/5523/
(Which will no longer crash your computer. Hopefully.)