Sinister: the future's orange - competition results

Charlotte Hall Charlotte.Hall at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 24 14:44:02 GMT 1998

     I have been in agonies of indecision about the winning poem. There
     were so many brilliant entries, I wish I could have picked you all
     (sob). I hope to be able to post the rest to the list or put them up
     on the website with the permission of HoneyPaul. But in the end there
     can only be one winner in the category of "best poem" and here it is.
     (The winner of the "most comic" will be posted tomorrow.)

     Thanks to all who took part for your valiant entries.

     Charlotte

     I'M JUST A LAZYBONES

     As the sun rises, and stains the sky orange,
     I curl up in bed, dreaming smells of porridge
     And toast, and letters.

     Sunbeams skate over dusty air, their pure full
     lips kiss my eyes with arterial purple,
     So I turn away.

     Icicles drip, waters plummet and run the
     Race with leaves over the roof. It's the month
     Autumn's falling asleep

     But buzz, buzz -  I'm waking up.

     I slide out from the bed into my silver
     Trousers. They make me smile, so I kill the
     Alarm, and get ready to pull the day into shape.

     ROBIN STOUT