Sinister: Alice L

Neil Dewhurst NeilD at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 24 19:35:08 GMT 1998

Lady penelope (in the middle of a very long message) wrote...
		the catchers have a new album out...i had forgotten they
existed because the last time i saw them they supported a house at the
garage in london - 1994 - i guess i had a crush on alice lemon.  she had
enormous boobs i remember.  and a too-small top.  saw the new album in rough
trade the other day and nearly fell over.  i will purchase when i hear
something about it
I knew it was out, but it seems to be a UFO album, like The Frank and
Walters' Grand Parade that rarely appears in densely populated areas,
preferring the anonymity of provincial towns.  I only saw one review, which
gave a pretty average rating, although it was the NME I think, and what does
that scally-rag know about anything? I have to recommend the "shifting" e.p
for the superb "Christina" (those who have received my tape tree tape will
know it), and a lovely song called Summer's nearly over.

Oh look, someone else has written...
		Oh, oh, oh.  I've been dying to recommend this album for the
past two weeks...The lead singer is male with a sort of um... irish i guess,
kind of voice (does that make sense? he says "aout" for "out" hehe) and
there is also a female who does some vocals

But it's not going to stop me...

I remember Alice Lemon's 'boobs' (oh, really!) as well, from when I saw them
playing upstairs at the Garage. I could've sworn she kept looking at me and
smiling...and my feet hurt from standing on tip-toes all the way through the
gig.  Can't remember why. I guess I was entranced by the fact that the Alice
Lemon on the cover of Mute looked nothing like the Alice Lemon in a short
shiny dress on stage in Islington. (stop this crassness now!)  Incidentally,
support that night came from another irish combo by the name of erm, I
forget, except that there were three of them, the lead singer was too thin,
their single was called I am the Supergrass or something like that, they
appeared on Jools Holland just after I'd been to see them (no coincidence
methinks) and I saw a programme about them on TARA (which I only watch for
re-runs of the 1990 world cup as a rule)

Sorry to continue with all this rampant male hormonal rutting, but I have to
point out (because it's just occurred to me for the first time in ages) that
I was utterly entranced by the sight of Juliana Hatfield clutching a guitar
some years back.

Lovely.

Neil
xx