Sinister: Nope, can't think of one...

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 24 20:40:59 GMT 1998

Well the list's certainly busy today. I'll probably get told off if I
complain about people sending 10 posts a day instead of one long one, or
sending lists of bands they like without saying why, so I won't bother.

On sartorial matters:

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Robin Stout wrote:

> I have a duffel coat, which i love, but I seem to get no end of abuse
> for wearing it. Insults usually take the highly original form of "OI,
> duffel!". I just run away - once they get you by the toggles there's
> no escape. The chief culprits are puffa jacket wearers, the types who
> hang around the bus stops with their "White Storm" cider cos they're
> too young to get in the pubs. Maybe the duffel is the puffa's natural
> enemy.

Am I alone in finding puffa jacket wearers (uhoh, sweeping generalisation
coming up...) some of the most dull, narrowminded,
all-my-friends-are-wearing-one-so-I'd-better-wear-one-too people around?
(see, told you so...). Sorry if this offends anyone. Actually no, I hope
it does offend someone because that would mean that there was actually an
open-minded puffa-wearer out there somewhere and the world would be a
better place. I mean, there must be some nice people who wear the things,
I just don't think I've ever met any. The war on unoriginality starts
here.

Personally, I'm a fleece man.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit arsey tonight, I'm just not in a very happy
mood. You see my sister's been down to visit for a couple of days (which
is a good thing), but she's been telling me what the situation is like
staying with my parents at the moment (which is a bad thing). And I'm
about to head up there for 4 weeks for the Christmas break. You would not
believe how stressful it is putting up with family life at the moment.

Speaking of which, is anything still happening about a Glasgow meetup
round New Year sometime? I'll probably be in Scotland at the time, and
it'll give me a couple more days away from the parents...

Big Stu

Currently on my CD player - 4 tape cases and some sheets of paper.