Sinister: Any Calvin & Hobbes fans?

GaoBest at xxx.com GaoBest at xxx.com
Wed Nov 25 04:09:46 GMT 1998

In a message dated 11/24/98 10:42:31 AM, ar981611 at student.paisley.ac.uk wrote:

<<Oh and Mike is that field mice song "anyone else isn't you"?  (Anyone
else just isn't you / and if I can't have you I want to be alone) Dunno
the ep but it's on "Coastal" which I can copy if you want...>>

I'm positive the title reads "i can see myself alone forever" - the problem
being that i've not really bothered to listen to this song since '95.  i had
cpoied this C90 of Field Mice demos ('87 to '90?) that i got from a guy who
got it from Richard of Waaah!/Bring on Bull, but the basis is just that i
cpoied this tape for some kids in the indiepop list, and they liked that song
so much that htey probably heard it more than I did.  They are also friends or
were friends with Andy Dean, to further the irony.

Incidentally I have always loved Calvin & Hobbes, Bill Watterson's decision to
end the cartoon really distressed me.  In my first year of university my
neighbor made some C&H tshirts for our dormitory neighbors and gave them as an
Xmas gift, i still have that shirt (we're talking 10 years now - gasp) - it's
just ace.  sigh, yeah Calvin & Hobbes was probably my favorite cartoon, other
than Bloom County.  Those were just some ace cartoons.

xox
mike