Sinister: down in the caff

Carrick C Blair carrick44 at xxx.com
Wed Nov 25 05:56:50 GMT 1998

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998 23:09:46 EST GaoBest at aol.com writes:

>I'm positive the title reads "i can see myself alone forever" -

Alright, seeing that the Duke, Perfection as a Hipster, T!I!M! are
all but a distant memory, I'll pipe up and show off a bit of my POP
knowledge to say....That field mice song is from the single on
Caff records. It was horribly limited and now trades hands from
upwards of $60. I even heard the masters were lost, so pine
away.

It is a beautiful song. I heard it for the first time in, believe
it or not, a council estate near, of all the places, Elephant &
Castle. It somehow fit very well.

I kissed someone I didn't love once (alright, a few times) and
it hurts to even think about it now. That's all I have to say. Love
should come first. I said some more. Sorry

Back to the subject at hand, Slow Graffiti. Seeing as its the most
recent official release, I think I should talk about it. One thing
I noticed is how crystal clear the vocals are. Much more up front
than ever before. At least at the quiet part in the beginning. You
feel as if Stuart is right there in the room with you. A nice thought.
Besides our kids and the pastels, the rest of soundtrack is pretty
much pish. Especially the Chemical Brothers songs. Instead of
the usual headache, I now find myself bored to death by them.
Its gone from bad to worse. The T-rex song goes on too long as
well. Maybe its just the waiting in eager anticipation for Slow
Graffiti.

love
Carrick

___