Sinister: a toggle

Archel rap101 at xxx.uk
Wed Nov 25 14:43:16 GMT 1998

hi.

i dont think i have anything to say on my own account today (so why is she
f***ing bothering then?) but i can refer to other people's lovely posts.

is the line about making blinkers fashionable about someone who looks like
a horse? (sh)it-girl tamara beckwith perchance? no, seriously, i think it
might be referring to the sort of people (casuals in fact i suppose) who
think it's cool to be narrow-minded and closed off in their own little
'fake' world, hence they're blinkered.

duffle coats! oh, i love them. i used to make my mum give me marmalade
sandwiches in my lunchbox even though they went soggy and weren't very
nice anyway, because i thought i might morph into paddington.

er, what else. oh yes, i think this list has great taste - if that's not a
loaded term now - generally. i mean, calvin and hobbes, louis macniece AND
dorothy parker all just cropped up and i could go on for ever about all 3
of them but other people do it better. read 'prayer before birth' by
macniece though - it's really stunning. oh, and i like 'taste of honey'
too! i acted in a bit of it at school and got to regale evryone with my
apalling manchester (?) accent.

love and toggles, archel xxx

"my celery days are over
you put me straight on the finer points of asparagus"

Rachel Playforth
rap101 at york.ac.uk
http://members.tripod.com/~RPlayforth/welcome.htm