Sinister: Re: She and me grammar

GaoBest at xxx.com GaoBest at xxx.com
Wed Nov 25 15:57:52 GMT 1998

In a message dated 11/25/98 6:37:13 AM, iles at boreas.leeds.icnet.uk wrote:

<<That's why I don't think you can have "she and me" in a sentence - it's
grammatically incorrect because the two words are incompatible being in
different declensions (if that's the right word). I think it might be to do
with one being passive and the other active, but I'm not sure.>>

It's taken me 4 years to think about this more and more - I still can't come
to a conclusion.  However, when Amelia Fletcher "posed" that challenge of
using "she and me" in a grammatically-correct sentence, she did say that there
was a solution, I'm pretty sure she did.  Alas, I haven't seen Heavenly or any
other Heavenly off-shoot since that day (Oct 7 '94) so I've no way of asking
Amelia about this, and she's probably even forgotten about that day (it was
painful for her 'cause she had canker sores <aka mouth ulcers> so she probably
tried to forget about it all)

xox
mike

ps - happy thanksgiving!