Sinister: Stats Poll Masochism

GaoBest at xxx.com GaoBest at xxx.com
Wed Nov 25 16:35:01 GMT 1998

Hey kids

Here's a poll I wnat to conduct, but it is IMPERATIVE you respond to me
directly, and NOT to the list - and I promise to report the results to
Sinister as soon as possible.

Deadline for Poll Response: Friday, December 4, 1998 (regardless of your time
zone!) - anytime before the end of that day.  Simple 'nuf.

Respond to: GaoBest at aol.com and PLEASE use the words "poll" somewhere in yoru
answer so that I'll know... I do delete a lot of mail that looks like it may
be spam-related, even if it does mean that I'll miss out on some important
messages from time to time.
	Note: if you reply to the list and not to me directly, then your poll
response will go unnoted.  I need to be fair about this because there have
been a lot of posts about high-list-traffic, so I'd like to avoid contributing
too much to that traffic.  I'm not crazy about traffic jams either.

Poll:

1. If you own an official non-bootleg version of Tigermilk album (I assume
it's a vinyl-only release, but if it's on CD as well then please specify),
then how much did you pay for it? Did you buy it within 3 months of its
release (ie, probably at a fair-market price), or did you buy it much later
(ie, probably at a higher premium price)?

3. If you do not own an official Tigermilk but would pay for it, how much
would you pay? Seriously - how much? Don't worry, it's not like anyone is
going to hold you to it.  But I'd appreciate as close an answer as possible.

This is my attempts of using my statistical skills developed in classes in
1991 and 1993, and don't worry, I don't plan to use the information to broker
sales or transactions for Tigermilk.  I am just curious to know what people on
this list would pay for Tigermilk if they really wanted it.  I'm also curious
to know if people on this list would even do a poll as inane as this one is
:-)

Results to be posted would include the median, average, and range for money
spent, money fantasizing to be spent, and timing.  If I can think of other
stats then I'll post them as well.  If someone already did a poll like this
last month then please let me know - I just joined the list about 2 weeks ago
after spending 8 months speculating about whether or not to join :-)

thanks again.

xox
mike