Sinister: The Unofficial Biography Part Three

Kevan Cooke fatslug at xxx.com
Wed Nov 25 16:46:28 GMT 1998

I bet you thought I'd forgotten didn't you?  No such luck.

Sorry folks, but here it is, a quick summary of what happened in
the third part of "Belle and Sebastian - The Unofficial Biography"
on Channel Four last night.

One of the high points was Aidan Moffat throwing a fit and walking
out of Arab Strap's Japanese tour when his pre-show avocados
failed to appear.

Meanwhile Belle and Sebastian played a gig in Glasgow and
a load of record company people descended on them.

Amongst these was Seymour Stein who told Stuart that he wanted
the songwriter and the two birds, but get rid of the rock'n'roll
drummer and the one who smells of wee.

This left Stuart with a bit of a moral dilemma, and we have to wait
until next week to find out what happens, but I think that the
diminutive Aussie lass in the background of the final shot had
caught Stuart's eye, so maybe all is not lost.

Kevan
The Fat Slug