Sinister: Lady P and Fluffy S, sitting in a tree

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Wed Nov 25 17:52:14 GMT 1998

The Fluffy one has, not for the first time, inspired me to write a wee note
to you all, even though I did have a little lyrical nibble this morning...

Firstly, important stuff - the Monday poem (all two verses of it) was by
Walt Whitman, which I don't think I said yesterday, and it's a smasher.
Check it out, groovers.

Secondly...Sarah said:

"this is pretty 'provincial' Preston, god knows what inner-city BIIIG cities

are like. It's all the back streets half the casuals, kids who are so bored
out oftheir minds you got fuck all to do."

I've never been as frightened and uncomfortable in any town or city as I was
wandering around downtown Newton Abbot, in the mixed blessing that is sunny
Devon, at night. For exactly the reasons the girl wot 11 people fancy said.
But London, bless its gemutlich little behind, has far less of this problem
simply because there are so many more things to do and more places to go.
Perhaps I don't really know what the inner cities are like, these mythically
violent council estates like the Cockcroft in TV's "The Bill" not being
places I have any reason to visit. But for the fear factor, "provincial"
towns full of fucked off youths with no future take some beating.

I'm finally going to Scotland! Me and Vicky'll be heading up for three days
of celtic bliss in Glasgow and Edinburgh, so maybe I'll see some of you
around...

Big kisses, as I'm in a good mood - Lady P's making us dinner, and he's a
smashing chef - you simply *must* taste his puttanesca...