Sinister: Someone tell me it's all a bad dream

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Wed Nov 25 20:29:52 GMT 1998

Some questions:

How much imagination does it take to say "I can't believe no-one has a
crush on me" when ten people have already said the same thing?

How many people really care when your birthday is?

While the kisses in the stock room between two people most of us have
never met are very sweet, does it honestly merit an ongoing
discussion?

Is it me, or is quibbling over grammar really fucking boring?

How come I've just had more digests in 24 hours than ever before and
yet the only thing I feel inspired to write is "unsubscribe
sinister-digest"?

I know at least three people whose have entertained and amused over
the past twelve months who have either unsubscribed or are not
posting, because of certain people who seem to think that the minutae
of their lives is so fascinating to total strangers.  I used to wonder
why people complained about posts that weren't interesting to them,
"there's always the delete key", I thought.  I wonder no longer.  I
know I don't always (often) write on-topic, and I'm all for people
sharing little anecdotes about themselves, so long as they're done
with wit or intelligence or imagination, but if you're going to write
something that's of interest to half a couple people, mail it to them
not to me.

I know it's Paul's job to tell people off, and some of you are
probably asking who the hell I think I am, but I like this list, it's
been good to me, and I feel a certain loyalty to it.  But I'm actually
embarrassed by some of the crap I've been reading lately, and I know
there's a few others who feel the same.  That's all, I'll try and be
funny next time.

Tag x