Sinister: Julian Koster

JonnyKat at xxx.com JonnyKat at xxx.com
Thu Nov 26 05:39:04 GMT 1998

Someone whose name is also my lucky number "3" wrote:

	"Sub-pop seems to be carving out a niche releasing off shoots and
	side projects of interesting bands, as they will tentatively also
	be releasing a full length by Music Tapes which is Julian's
	Neutral Milk Hotel off shoot.  If anyone on	the list hasn't checked
	out Neutral Milk Hotel's records yet, they are worth your while."

Since Neutral Milk has been mentioned several times on the list recently,
I thought I would add my thoughts here.  Julian Koster is one of my
dearest friends on this entire planet.  His music is incredible, as is
the music of Neutral Milk Hotel, Olivia Tremor Control, and all those
lovely Elephant Six folks.  For lovers of Belle and Sebastian, this
stuff is very much in the same spirit, but in a different style.  In
fact, Julian and I (with the ones we love) spent much of this past
Halloween together (drunkenly) listening to Belle and Sebastian
at a volume that can only be described as LOUD.  And we talked
quite a bit about all of YOU -- so there!  All good things, naturally.  : )
Weren't there other list members there?  Oh, it's all such a blur.
Anyway, watch for The Music Tapes.  It's a little slice of fuzzy
P!O!O! genius that took Julian about three years to make.  Direct
your browsers to:  http://www.pitt.edu/~jwfst11/elephant6/
for more info on the Elephant Six collective.

Fare thee well my little sinisterines,
and happy listening.

Love and Kisses,
Jonny Meow