Sinister: i see you've met my faithful handyman

Chris Leonard cleonard at xxx.COM
Thu Nov 26 11:39:54 GMT 1998

yeeeiip morning it's cowboy chris in disguise as email,

last night me and miss julia attended the 'grand ole opry' near GOVAN to
see teenage fanclub, and it was tops in an achy breaky kinda way.
Support was provided by the v-twin who were better than last time but
still pretty damn awful, mostly cos the singers PISH.  Teenage Fanclub
were ace, it was a very pleasant evening.   There was a high Belle and
Sebastian presence.  Wee chris and stevie (on a few tunes with the
moothie) were playing with v-twin and sarah joined teenage fanclub on
stage for the big finale which was purty.  Struan Murdoch was there too,
yelling "TURN IT UP FOR FUCKS SAKE" and "ENCORE!".  How I smirked.  But
what impressed me most all evening was this:  There was a man dancing
like mad, with a beer mat on his head.  I thought, that's a bit strange,
to dance with a beer mat on one's head.  He danced and danced till
eventually he collapsed onto the stage.   Meanwhile a fella standing
behind him had not been dancing, just bopping a bit.   On seeing that
the first man had collapsed, the second fella cagily approached and
stole the beer mat.  He slowly put it on his own head and instantly
started dancing like a maddie.   You see it had magical properties, this
beer mat.

Speaking of which, welcome back duke.

The building next door to my work burnt down yesterday, did any of you
see it on the news?   There were 219 fireman involved and the smoke was
billowing and belching and we were all coughing and rubbing our red
eyes.  But would they evacuate the building?  No.  It was fucking scary,
man.  But it did made me think of a fiendish mind bender thus:

You are in the school playground.  You have a ropeswing, which swings
between two platforms.  One platform is labeled gay pop, the other
christian rock.  You can swing on the ropeswing with one arm whilst
carrying one person (no more) under the other.  You are standing on the
Fay pop platform with stuart murdoch, isobel and sarah.  What you have
to do is get them all on the christian rock platform, before the end of
playtime.  But it's more complicated.  Stuart and Isobel can't be left
alone on a platform because they will 'snog' and get expelled.   And
Sarah and Isobel cannot be left alone on the platform because they will
play their recorders, and recorders are banned at this school.   You
know the score.  Don't send me answers, it's just for fun.

spit nolan