Sinister: HAPPY EXAMS RESULTS! and my answer to lots of posts:)

Kin Woo travelling_light at xxx.com
Thu Nov 26 15:59:25 GMT 1998

Hello lovely listees:) YAY! IT'S PAID OFF! What you ask? Well, listening
to B&S for good luck music before exams of course! My exam results came
back today and compared to my previous efforts were actually pretty
good. (Ta to Jessica-GENEUS at aol.com for enquiring so nicely all those
weeks ago) Now all those nights of 2-3 hour sleeps are behind me and
it's summertime! So fellow B&S fanatics at uni, listening to B&S can
boost your mark, although you gotta do *some* study for it too:)
This is sorta a replying-to-many-posts at once err post. To S Sarkar,
yeah I do love Mono and Tricky before he became self-indulgent. But Mono
are a different kettle of fish altogether. Though they are unfairly
lumped with the rest of the trip-hop gang, they sometimes make lovely
Bacharach-ian 60's pop songs ( not unlike the legendary St Etienne).
To whoever liked Calvin and Hobbes, yeah I love that comic too. Pity he
stopped making them. It was so evidently the BEST comic strip along with
"Cathy" and "Modesty Blaise":) I've got TONS of C&H books and love every
one of 'em. It was a class above the rest.
I pity you Americans, especially Evan Gregg (this is in response to his
postings about Sparklehorse). I mean Sparklehorse are an American band
and yet Americans will hear their latest album ("Good Morning Spider"
not "Waking the spider") SOOO much later than the rest of the world.
What an outrage. Even here in "backward" Australia, I've had "Good
Morning Spider" for a good few months. Well at least you have the very
considerable compensation that at least you''' get to see them live,
while the chances of them ever coming here are *sniff* nil.
Go Jason-same-name-as-Richard Juzwiak for championing "Buffy". It's a
great show. They showed it over here in Australia over last summer hols
and I loved it. It's not kitschy at all- merely very well written and
acted and gripping.  Unfortunately though it rated well over here,
evidently not well enough to beat horrible 'homegrown' Aussie stuff like
"Blue Heelers", "Australia's Funniest Home Videos" and AHEM! "the Footy
Show" (about guess what? Football!) and embarassingly poor American pap
like "JAG" and "Stargate". (Rich if you're reading this sorry for
repeating myself!) Hence the second season has not shown yet. What a
travesty. Any Buffy fans out there? On the same note, any "Xena" fans
out there? (I LOOVE that show too!)
What has happened to our darling resident French wit, Philippe? I guess
he must be really busy earning the title of "Doctor Philippe". But I and
I'm sure many others do miss his surreal and hilarious postings. Come
back to us, Philippe!
 That's all for now folks, hope to read some responses to my postings
from my lovely fellow listees soon
Seeya
Kin Woo
p.s. welcome back duke!!!:) and i'm gullible and easily misled but was
that really
Stuart Murdoch who wrote a while back there (Karen David was the
sender's name but the letter ended with his wondrous name!)
I'm probably being foolish and lots of peeps are tittering but give me a
break! I'm naive alright!:)
With A Star Upon Your Shoulder
Lighting Up The Path As You Walk