Sinister: Belle & Sebastian for the heartbroken?

Iangstl at xxx.com Iangstl at xxx.com
Thu Nov 26 16:25:53 GMT 1998

Alexandra wrote

> I've noticed listees casually mentioning finding solace in the music of
Belle & Sebastian and I'm wondering if I give her one of the albums,
IYFS or TBWTAS, if maybe I'll be pulling her down even further, a fate I
don't wish to tempt (believe me, this is the worst I've ever seen, and
"suicidal" flickered into my head).  Other than "wise" words, and an
open ear, music is the only other thing I've turned to.  Unfortunately,
or fortunately, all my B+S listening experiences have been rather happy,
so I cannot tell if I'll be doing the right thing.<

As someone who has almost completely recovered from a life-threatening illness
which has caused me to be housebound and on oxygen for over 4 months, I can
attest to the healing power of B&S.  Since smut is low for a girl with tubes
in her nose and because words and song last longer than the typical tumble,
music is my sanctuary.  Also, I find B&S especially appealing for their
ability to convey with ease the awkwardness that has plagued me in all my
years.  I think your coworker will appreciate the honesty and sincerity within
the music and not feel so alone being alone.  Finally, the sounds of a 30 year
old still grappling with awkward innocence shines in a music world grown weary
by 20 year old nihilists singing about their wasted years.  I highly recommend
you give your friend a tape today!

About the Mullets.....

In my Midwestern world, they are known as bilevels and guys usually got them
because its short and "respectable" in the front and long and "rockin" in the
back.  I guess its their way of being able to hold down that bank job while
saying boo to the business world too.  So many of you seem so concerned as to
the whys of it; thought you might like to know one reason.

mwah,

Dawn
in my cd player: wire's ideal copy
in my shoe: my kittens little mousy