Sinister: Want to join my band mister!

Mb00EN at xxx.com Mb00EN at xxx.com
Thu Nov 26 15:43:54 GMT 1998

hello list

I'm new, well kind of. I was on the list whilst i was at uni, but i forget to
unsubscribe, so i bet theres a PC worth of post up-there, oops!

Anyway that was a while ago now, so whats happened since then? Well i've grown
up and got a job in the 'real world', i've joined a new band, i've no debts
anymore, i now prefer pepsi to coke, and i know what belle and sebastian look
like.

I went to the Nottingham gig, all on my own. If you went i was the one
desperately trying to look as if i was part of a big gang, i did this by
standing close to the gang in question and nursing a pint of lager, and
occasionally i would look around at individual members of this gang and nod.
It did'nt work as i just got funny looks of them, this was before they moved
away. Usually being alone at a gig would'nt bother me, it's just that the
crowd was static and i stuck out like a sore thumb.

This gig was the one time that i needed the list, i bet you all met up and had
a picnic in the rain or something. I wanted to stick around for the disco
thing but i thought better of it, i felt like the sad geek without a date on
prom night.

I see there's a new EP out soon, you'll never make top of the pops like that.
I guess this grounds already been covered but this new music law thing is a
really bad problem for 'real' indie bands.

I also see there's some new sort of list, (sha-la-la or something). Whats all
that about then, friendly or elitism?

Thats about it for the time being, grammar never was my strong part, nor is
hair dressing.

PS I have'nt had chance to tell belle and sebastian that i like their new
record, espicially 'sleep the clock around', so i'm telling you know.

PPS The sound at the Nottingham gig was very quiet, but it made a nice change
from coming away with my ears ringing. Also Elliot Smith was very good, i
had'nt heard of him before and i saw him in the crowd afterwords, i presumed
he was a local Notts lad, so i was going to ask if he'd be interested in
joining my band, luckily i did'nt as he was talking to some people. That would
have been embarrasing!