Sinister: Ding Dong is Merry and High

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Nov 26 20:06:53 GMT 1998

Tag wrote:

Why don't we all do it?  The label can fly us out to Don Pedro
Miller's
castle in Spain, and armed with cameras and "booms",

Yes, yes, that's all very well, but you can sod off, I'm doing it by
myself. It's going to be a "claymation" affair, a bit like Wallace and
Gromit, only I'm not going to use normal plasticine. The wee figures,
who'll get up to all kinds of pop-related high jinks will be called
THE JOBBYMEN. How's that for a dirty dream, missus? And I'm going to
get one of those Sooty and Sweep pop group machines that you put 2p in
and they jerk into action and play a tune and Butch is on drums and
suddenly it's the Seventies again and Linda's being bossy and it's
FUCKING GREAT!

I don't believe that was Mad Dog Murdoch either. Far too low key. The
least he could have done was tell us all about the News of the World
coming round. What happened to the great tour diary tradition? Is it
just too sordid? That was a nail mail, and no mistake.

Oh and while I'm in a bad mood, who said that Stout Robin's poem
wasn't B&S enough? Eh? I'm waiting....It was very B&S, you can't get
much more B&S than silver trousers. Speaking of trousers, where's the
mother of all poetry parrots got to? Bloody Sha-La-La, I betcha by
golly wow.

Tag also said:

Oh and Peter, you were in my dream the other night, you looked like
Hungry
Hippos Hamilton, only mutated somehow, and you were a right grumpy old
bastard.  Is it true?

The second part is true.

Paul "Honey" Mitchell wrote:

As far as list content recently has been discussed: I won't send on
the very nasty mail I composed last night now, but it's kept in
reserve under my mattress, if bad 'uns on the list still don't seem
to care enough to put some thought before they hit send.

It seems a shame to waste it, Paul. Send it to me. Go on. Otherwise I
won't let you be the chief JOBBYMAN in my video. They all work in a
Jobby Mine, mining for jobbies, and they only get Sundays off.

Jordi, perched at the top of an enormous human tower, wrote:

Oh, I?m really feared about what I wrote. I think that you, dear
listees,
know that my english level is not wonderful, and what I did was
basically
taken from the dictionaries.

No need to be feared, Jordi. Most of it is fine anyway, apart from
"MAJOR" is a military man of some sort, not the head of the town
council, that's "MAYOR", unfortunately. Perhaps the others can help
with another problem.....what does "seeing other people" mean? It's
not quite going out with, is it? Shagging other people? Is that the
same? And to see eye to eye with someon is like to share the same
views, to agree with them, something like that. And terry underwear is
more than just soft, it's kind of towel material. I think it must be
for perverts. Feel free to contribute, it's more fun than grammar.

There, that's enough to be going on with.

Peter