Sinister: happy thanksgiving

GaoBest at xxx.com GaoBest at xxx.com
Fri Nov 27 04:04:52 GMT 1998

hey kids
just wondering: what do B&S think of their fans who record their shows for
personal use (or to share with other B&S fans) - i know most bands dont care,
that it's their managers/record labels who have the shitfits over it.  but if
it's jsut fans taping the show and making cassette copies for other bands,
then what does B&S think about it?

also have B&S thought of taping the shows themselves and doing ala Wedding
present (ie, selling copies of the shows to fans via the fanclub service, etc
- limited edition runs with a nice cassette cover, etc) - not only would the
band get a little extra cash, but most importantly it'd be a nice gesture for
the fans, but alas very few bands do this, in fact only the Weddoes and Billy
Bragg do anything along this feature that I can think of off-hand, I always
wonder why more bands don't do this.

after thanksgiving we went to an uncle's house and i bought 4 cds for $5 each,
i felt like i majorly scored.  i bought:
2 Elvis CDs
Vera Lynn - "How Lucky You Are" compilation (Decca/President Records, '89)
_The White Cliffs of Dover_ ("Wartime favorites") - soprano Isobel Buchanan
with the English Chamber Orchestra (UK import as well)

ooh these discs just sizzle.

xox
mike