Sinister: My own PhotoJenny

rebelstrange at xxx.Miller rebelstrange at xxx.Miller
Fri Nov 27 12:02:11 GMT 1998

*tteehee*
stuart m posted  i'm so impressed, now i believe in miracles.
*hello hello*!
soemone said nobody ever says anythign about mick or sarah, so i'll say
something, i said it the other day, mick inspired me to pick up my
instrument, not too shabby that!  he is rather cute i think, his hair is
nice and he looks very dapper indeed.  and what brassy tones, the trumpet is
truly king of brass.    and sarah is my hero, officially, and the nicest
person in teh world, because she put us on the guest list in DC, and she has
a nice blue sweater, and violins are great, and she looked cuter than a
ladybug in the wicked vid sitting up all by her lonesome in the tree, and it
makes me smile.  i have a picture of me and sarah in teh same shot, i think
that says it all, i'm so impressed with myself.

EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeuuu  it's  3-30 am and i'm shivering with cold i just got
home  and have slugged thru four whole digests.  GAD!
nice to see the mythical Duke at last.  finally, some royalty on the list.

erm--i have a story, it's minutiae, but i like minutiae.  so shoot me.
i went back to my hometown for the holiday and went out with my oldest
friends to their university town (shite town, but it has more things in it
than mine) cos they wanted to go to a coffeeshop where they are aspiring to
be 'regulars' and make friends.  i drove because i like being in control of
the tape deck and i played b&s the whole way there and they didn't seem to
be as impressed as i was.  but in any case we were in this silly coffeehouse
with a bunch of Hep college kids in berets and old guys playing poker and
silly paintings on teh wall and guitars that you could only borrow if you
had an SIU ID (crap!! i would have played is it wicked or something cool)
and i was asking where are all the cool babes that i can pick up on and get
a date.  no prospects looked quite interesting to me, but my friend pointed
over yonder and said "maybe that girl in the grey sweater" and lo and behold
if she doesnt' know what does it for me, this girl ws the vision of an indie
pop princess, with her jean seberg haircut (dark reddish brown) and Isobel
features, and mousy grey delicately ribbed sweater with a thin straight-in
the back collar/lapel thingy, like they dont' make anymore.  she was sitting
reading all the time we were intherre, or looking at papers, all by herself,
except when she talked to a guy in a fuzzy  beret.  she looked just like
Amelia from Heavenly and i couldn't stop staring.  it was quite shameful.
by that time i was on a caffeine high and physically trembling.  my friends
thought i was ridiculous, but i pulled  out my little disposable camera ,
the one i had *intended* for the b&s show, and as i had some shots to waste
in it, i took my chances, waited for the guy in front of my view to get up,
and leaned over behind the glass entryway and shot a picture of my Photo
Jenny, quick as you please.  she was never the wiser i'm sure, she was so
intent on what she was looking at and had this lovely almost peaceful
half-smile on her face, she was incredibly elegant, but i was too stupid to
go talk to her because it would be so obvious("i've seen you around, i find
you quite atractive, would you go to bed with me?")  i mean how do you do
that casually and coolly? besides that i looked like a leper and she would
have spit on me anyway.  so even though my (totally straight) friends "knew"
that she was "bicoastal", i could not  be convinced to introduce myself, or
to toss a copy of my shabby zine into her placid hands.  i left in infamy
and defame, having lowered myself to the lowest of the low, an instant
stalking, a stealing of image.  how will i get her to strike a pose?
indeed!!!  now as i try to rest from my stressful holiday of family terror
and depressing-as-hell scenarios, my own photo jenny is what comforts me. if
only i was not too bashful i could have been something.  does anyone think
it's incredibly sick to take a photo of a stranger?  if you all dont' want
to talk to me now, i will understand, because it would be quite reasonable
to fear for your privvacies and safeties in teh face of a lunatic like me..
i admit!! i did it!! it was shyness made me do it!  grovel, grovel.  sigh.
she is so beautiful.  i was entranced beyond my usual acute faculties.
Gawd, after all that talk of finding a girl who looks like Isobel!  i
suppose i was only starting a trend by shoving my camera in ms campbell's
face for an hour, and now i'msneaking photos of strange jean seberg types
wherever i can find them, because i'm just too  sad to be given the time of
day, or so i believe.  forget it. this story ends HERE

Oh im' quite impressed that murdoch's shiny apple seduction has made into a
top ten. i think that's incredibly lovely.

i have no interest in ahren or grammar(much) but i choose to skate over it.
it hastn' bothered me terribly, not nearly enough to quit the lovely list.
i love all of you.  kiss kiss.  isn't it all about fuzzy hugs and loving and
the middle eighth of Mary Jo?
"Photo Jenny" is the belle and sebastian equivalent of heroin.  it has me
shaking in my boots and howling at the bold stars, uncomfortable in my  own
skin and knowing that satiation is not earthly attainable and the oh you
know

i forgot some but i have rambled too long so more tomorrow i won't trouble
you lovely kittens with my trivial life.
lesley Jo
--in whom the tragedy of Joan of Arc can inspire copious amounts of tears,
and does.

they call me a tomboy and i love it
cos only a tomboy can stand above it
by simply changing