Sinister: TIJAMRS in Canada

Frank Yang fyang at xxx.ca
Fri Nov 27 13:38:50 GMT 1998

jessica wrote:

> has anything been said about the new ep, as to whether or not matador
> will be releasing it simultaneously in canada? i'm sure it's been said
> before, and if it has you don't have to answer me as i'm sure i'll
> find it.

I asked Katrina this a while back, and she said it would NOT be released
in Canada, or North America for that matter.  What would be happening is
MAtador would get a few copies that they would probably sell through
their own stores.  Canada will have to import copies directly from
Jeepster in the UK.  I'm not sure if this was the deal with the other
EPs from last year.  Just to be sure, I ordered a copy from Jeepster
(along with an IYFS t-shirt... anxiously awaiting the mail...), though
it'll probably be available at the usual outlets (Penguin, HMV-333) just
after release for $15 or so.  I just wanted mail from overseas...

On a like topic, I've a question about the various editions of IYFS.
Are the copies in the US being distributed by Matador being pressed by
Matador?  That is, the booklets have Matador logos, the CDs are hecho in
America, etc?  Cause Canada still seems to be getting only the Jeepster
editions, and they're freaking expensive... $30 for IYFS, anyone?  It'd
make more sense to me for CAnadian outlets to get Matador editions from
the US, thus shaving about $5-$8 off the sticker price... but that's
just me.  I've already got a copy, but I'm thinking about all those
potential B&S fans who are turned away by the high sticker price... I
know I was for the longest time - I wanted the record but kept looking
for a cheaper price.  Took me a year, but I got mine for $12 after
trading in a bunch of CDs and racking up about $13 in credit... Once
again, it seems Canadians are getting the short end of the proverbial
B&S stick... Yes, I'm still sore about the cancelled concert...

And thanks to everyone who helped out with the Omar Sharif trivia - I
rocked that one.  Apologies again for the wildly off-topic post, won't
be happening again.  I'll try to economize B&S bandwidth in the future.

And as for the 'Dirty Dream #2' video, I vote for a Puff Daddy-esque
clip with helicopters, speedboats and gunplay.  Lots of gunplay.  I
think Isobel would look wicked brandishing a Glock.

--
Frank Yang
Belle & Sebastian are gettin' jiggy wit' it.

In my CD player:  Dubstar - Goodbye