Sinister: The frenchie speaks again

Philippe Garnier Philippe.Garnier at xxx.fr
Fri Nov 27 15:11:33 GMT 1998

Hello sweet listees,

I've not finished reading all your messages, but among the thousands of
posts received from Sinister, this one is by Kin :

>What has happened to our darling resident French wit, Philippe? I guess
>he must be really busy earning the title of "Doctor Philippe". But I and
>I'm sure many others do miss his surreal and hilarious postings. Come
>back to us, Philippe!

Philippe still has got his L and his 2 P's, but he has to wait a few more
weeks before being called Doctor Philippe (is sounds like a DJ name, isn't
it ?).
Kin, I have received your tapes, and I'm doing the best that I can to send
you mine as quick as possible. Sorry for the delay. Be sure that it has
nothing to do with the defeat of the french rugby team against Australia.
For Jim and the american listees : I've just sent a new copy of the
worlwide known black session (it seems that the first one that I sent
before is lost between France and Los Angeles). That's really strange,
because Newt Gingrich told me that he got his copy and he really likes it
(now he has got plenty of time to listen to it, and his doctor told him
that cool music was good for his nerves).
For the supporters from Arsenal: I am really sorry, I am not responsible
for the defeat against Lens. I've read the book by Nick Hornby (Fever
Pitch) and I do love the gunners. At least I like the french players and
the manager...

To Stuart Murdoch : my friend Lauren wants to mary you, so please email me
privately in order to arrange this affair. Lauren is a beautiful girl, she
can speak french and German perfectly (and english of course), and she
likes my noddles with the roquefort sauce, which proves that she is really
the most perfect girl a boy can imagine. By the way, I wish to mary Isobel.
So, if you can help me, please don't hesitate...
Has averyone read Lauren's translation of my review of the black session on
the Bernard Lenoir's web ?

Stuart asks who wants to be on the video for dirty dream : I WANT !! You
don't need to pay me for that. Alain Delon was chosen by Morrissey to be on
the sleeve for The Queen Is Dead, so the less that i can do is to be on a
belle and sebastian video. I am always very brilliant and tasty on videos.
Has anyone ever watched the video of my holidays in Grece 4 years ago, you
know, the famous sequence when I am running completely naked on this lovely
beach of the Hydra Island ?

Coming back to the L and P's story, I think that I have to become more
openminded. I was used to put the shame on each listee who wrote my name
wrongly (Phillip, Phillippe, Filip, Pheelip...), but I have to tell you
that two emeritus members of Belle & Sebastian chose to call me "Phillipe".
Yes, Isobel and Stuart David both prefer calling me Philippe, and it really
makes my day!
So, I do declare that two spellings will be accepted now : Philippe, and
Phillipe.

I was told that people from the marketing division were releasing the
Beatles' White Album again, because it is supposed to be the 30th
anniversary. I have never heard about this band, the Beatles. I don't think
they are well known apart from Britain. Mayby a little in the US, but I am
not sure. Is it a good band ?

My friends don't understand why I am staying in my car, completely frozen
on the parking lot besides my laboratory every morning. But I can't imagine
switching off my belle&sebastian tape before the end the songs!

My monkey tells me "Say hello to the listees", so : Hello listees !!

A bientot,
Philippe-Phillipe