Sinister: Teenage Fanclub

Robin Stout Ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Fri Nov 27 14:44:36 GMT 1998

I saw Teenage Fanclub play at the Radio One Road show in Aberystwyth
some years ago. It was a really grim day and hardly anyone came.
Bitty McClean sang "If it's raining it's raining" with his umbrella
then vanished into obscurity, then, after Smiley Miley's Milage Game,
on came the Fanclub. They played on the roof of the stage for some
reason. I suppose the roadshow people thought it would be "cool" or
"groovy" but it just meant that we couldn't see any of them. Still,
they sounded great and we gave them a big cheer. All 25 of us.

Now I was going to say something very B&S, but, taking the advice of
the Honey Bunny, I checked the archives first and it was already
there. Gaah, your search engine is too good! Actually I'd never
really had a look at the archives before and as i was looking I
stumble across lots of dead interesting stuff, like a piece by Nick
Hornby, and various press releases by the band, so I'm feeling pretty
chuffing chuffed at the moment.

Now I must go.

Bye
Robin