Sinister: Back in the good old days......

Steve Genge steve at xxx.uk
Fri Nov 27 19:49:26 GMT 1998

It was all fields round here apparently.

Now that Tag's comments, which I feel said everything that needed saying,
look like turning into a frankly tedious new listees vs old listess debate I
thought I stick my own big spoon in the soup & give it a stir.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I think the main point of Tag's post wasn't
that the list was better in the "old" days because I would expect that if
you looked back in the archives there was probably just as much posted then
that had people pressing the delete key.  It's just now the list is three or
four times as big & so the number of postings has also gone up.

I think what annoys many people, myself most definitely included, is the
fact that despite Paul's repeated pleas people carry on:

1 - sending unsubscribe mails
2 - sending far too many postings per day
3 - think that 800 or so people are going to be interested/amused by
something that if they stopped & thought before pressing send they wouldnt
bother inflicting upon us all (I hope)

It's very sad to say as this list means a hell of a lot to me for various
reasons that I won't bore you with but recently the urge to stop myself
feeling pissed off with it despite Paul's sterling efforts is proving very
great.
Whereas a bit of thought by people, old & new, could keep it going.

steve

"Pain and beauty, our constant bedfellows."
                      Sabine Strohem
            steve at seahorses.demon.co.uk
 Red Roses For Me Fanzine & Records For Sale
                   http://surf.to/redroses