Sinister: After filling my fat face

Keith Watson k.watson at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 30 00:07:32 GMT 1998

Reid wrote:

<<Then I was going to hide in alleys and when a Smiths fan mistook it for
Louder Than Bombs, I was
going to yank it up and then laugh at the poor Smiths fan: "Ha ha!  It's
not Louder Than Bombs at all!  It's Belle and Sebastian!  They're
totally different!">>

Haha, it is Louder than Bombs isn't it. I knew it reminded me of something.
I suppose by that theory then Dog on Wheels is Destroy the Heart by the
House of Love. I'd also agree with Reid on the "intro to If you're feeling
sinister" issue. It's definitely the electric guitar volume knob trick.
Perhaps that's one for the Continually Asked Questions file.

	Sarah loves Jamie and his Magic Stash, what a top Children's program that
was. For those who haven't seen it, Jamie at night under his bed finds a
magic "torch", which then whisks him down a psychedelically swirling
helter-skelter hole in his floor to a place where there's a policeman on a
wheel and a strange airship not unlike Richard Branson's efforts sailing
about in the sky. The place bears an uncanny resemblance to Pepperland and
it should definitely not be kids viewing. What particularly worries me is
that Jamie looks like me. Sarah, I dunno if you've noticed, but one of the
contributors to the TV Cream site is none other than our own Roddddderney
Beggerbie. Better get him on the job again, cause the TV Cream site doesn't
contain an entry for Kojak. That's no good is it.

	Talking of the TV shite, on seeing Health Secretary Frank Dobson on the
telly the other day, I was sitting with a friend and suddenly couldn't help
myself but to sing "He's the gaffer", cause he is isn't he! He looks exactly
like Bill Maynard.

	You know, someone told me recently that the bloke who did the daft jump
through the high jump in Gregory's girl, was in fact Raymond McGinley from
Teenage Fanclub. Who'd have believed that? That's an example of childhood
talent coming through akin to Cheggars appearing in Polanski's Macbeth.

OK. Better go to bed now. After all it is work tomorrow

Goodnight chums,

  Keith.