Sinister: for the heartbroken

Alexandra Duric ajduric at xxx.com
Mon Nov 30 20:54:15 GMT 1998

Hello all,

I didn't think I'd get as much of a response as I did when I initially
posted, fretting about this friend who was dumped in the worst way
possible, asking for music that would ease the pain or at least put it
into perspective for her.

IYFS won hands down over TBWTAS as far as which B+S album would be
recommended (personally I agree - IYFS touches my heart on a different
level than TBWTAS, which, in comparison, seems more light-hearted, less
intense).

Archel/Rachel said it best(Ryan agrees): "although b&s are not happy
happy, they are therapeutic because they affirm life, in all its
minutiae; b&s are about someone caring enough to write songs about the
little people, which is why i love them. abstract
depression/self-indulgence is not good for a broken heart, but boys on
bikes and girls dreaming of horses can be."

And I apologize if I didn't thank everyone who emailed me, so I'm doing
it now.  Thank you.  She's doing much better; denial, perhaps for now,
but no more crazy talk.

Other suggestions, for those who may need to soothe a brokenhearted
friend with music, included:

Guy Chadwick's first album (thank you Julien, who is an absolutely
open-hearted, wonderful guy)

The Magnetic Field's - The Wayward Bus/Distant Plastic Trees (thanks
Emanuel)

the classic Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" (I know someone who played
that over and over and over... believe me, it'll make you laugh)

Arnold - Hillside

and I personally think you can't go wrong with "A Brief History" of
Elliott Smith.

And Lady P?  We're working on his comeuppence!  All in good fun, of
course!

cheers,
Alexandra

ps - hi Carly, hi Alan.