Sinister: Trembling Boys with Blue Stereo Lab and Stars

Mick McMick bp224996 at xxx.edu
Thu Oct 1 03:08:32 BST 1998

Cass writes:
> Kind of off the track, but has anyone heard Trembling Blue Stars and
> recommend them? I have heard only little things about them and finally > found the CD for under $18.+

	Yes, and yes. They've a few overlapping influences with B&S. But you
should also (or maybe more importantly) check out the Field Mice
retrospective reissue that's coming out next month. I suppose it's a lot
more B&S-like, but still not all that much like them. Still wonderful of
course. Of course that will be very pricey, so I read. Anyway, it all
comes very highly recommended by me and a lot of other people, so buy
it, and if you don't like it you can surely sell it easily.

Bassler wrote:
> OK, take the song "The Boy With the Arab Strap", remove the "swing"
> beat, add straight-ahead 4/4 drums (w/ plenty of ride cymbal), droning > organ, the occasional bubbly Moog, a couple of well-placed harmonies, > and me thinks you've got a pretty great idea for a perfect Stereolab > cover.

	Or you could just listen to the session version of "Sleep the Clock
Around," which is highly droney, analogue synthy, and very Stereolabby.
It really doesn't even require you adding anything. At least, I thought
so. I still don't like the way the album version (of Sleep...) came out
quite as well. Not as intense, even though it does have that bagpipe =)

 /"\_/"\_/"\   Mick McMick - bp224995 at oak.cats.ohiou.edu - ICQ#5056758
 \         /   Sandcastle Records - (same e-mail for now)