Sinister: oh white horses, pretty white horses, let me ride away...

Erin Lewis erinlew at xxx.com
Thu Oct 1 03:25:38 BST 1998

Hey kids!

The "White Horses" song Joe Frese mentioned in his post was originally
recorded by the Trash Can Sinatras as a b-side from the "Cake" era
(circa 1990).  It's a really great song, and it has no female vocal, so
I can only assume Joe's tape features Isobel doing a cover.  Can anyone
confirm this?

In a semi-related note, TCS are one of the few bands that have b-sides
like B&S - you could fill a whole tape with them, and not be disgusted.
In fact, the first thing I thought of when I heard "Simple Things" was
that it was perfect so short - just like TCS' "Houseproud" and some
other band's "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want".  If you
want to complain about how short Simple Things and Summer Wasting are,
hit the repeat button.  Works every time.  :)

Who's up for the Monday poem?

Oh yeah, when is Honeypaul getting back?  I miss his discipline.

-Miss Erin

P.S. Hypothetically speaking, if I show up in Manchester around December
28-January 10, do I get a picnic thrown in my honor?  I say yes.  You
say...?