Sinister: Giant Leap for Mankind

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Oct 1 09:59:53 BST 1998

McTiggerty Taggart caused me to have a terrible list nightmare with this
statement:

>Keith, Bez and I are going for a curry and some bouze tonight.
>Thought you'd like to know.

In my dream, I had been invited to Tag's house, which was in Fenton Avenue,
in Blackfordby, from whence I hail. It was dark when I arrived, and Keith
was there and it was really good and we were going to go for a curry and
some booze but then I realised I had forgotten my wallet and I was too
embarrassed to say anything even though I kenw one of them would have leant
me some dosh (probably Keith) so I kept quiet and then we went out and it
was getting to be too late so I went to the car to see if I'd left my wallet
in my small suitcase (from Herzog by Saul Bellow) but it wasn't there, like
I knew all along, the only thing I had was some soul singer or other's
greatest hits (i'm sorry, I've forgotten who it was, damn!) and I knew that
it wouldn't do as a form of payment so I was really in an embarrassing
situation and then I woke up, thank goodness!

Sorry about that, but I thought that perhaps Keith and Tag would like to
know what they're like in my dreams. Scary, despite their niceness.

Beofre I disappear into the night on my trusty steed, a word of
congratulations for anyone on the list who was listening to Mudhoney in
1992. Such resilience and loyalty is rare, especially in the world of pop. I
think most people deserted them after their first mini-album, Superfuzz
Migmuff, in about 1988/1989. I know I did. But I do think it's safe to say
that I am twice as adorable now as I was then. And it's all down to Stuart
Murdoch's gently evocative songs.

I saw something new today - plastic-coated pornographic magazines!
Honestly! I also saw some very rude pictures of naughty ladies and even
naughtier men on the cover of a video! And all I was looking for was a copy
of The European. I'm still in traction.

Peter

PS: I've seen The Avengers. I found the teddy bears terribly amusing, and I
think I spotted a quotation form Andrew Dean. Okay, it's not a very good
film, but the good bits are good, and I'm sure the next one will be better
if they bother making it. 5/10. We nearly went to see Dr Doolittle out of
loyalty to Anne, but our loyalty to Trousers won the day.